If you are not a computer geek and you don’t have many insights on computer operations, you must be wondering about some DLL errors. For resolving common DLL errors, you should know how to install a DLL file.
What is a DLL file
DLL stands for Dynamic Link Library. They are the type of files which basically integrate with programs to work on windows operating system. DLL files are provided by windows so that windows based programs can operate on the windows platform.
How to Install a DLL file
Generally, the need for installing a DLL file occurs when you find some program showing an error message with a name.dll file missing. Normally the message looks like this.
Here is a step by step process on how to install a DLL file
- First, you need to go online and search for the missing file. There are lots of websites which store the necessary DLL So it should not be a hard job.
- If you have downloaded a zip file, extract the files. Copy the exact file with .dll extension.
- Go to C: > Windows > System32
- Paste the file. It will ask for administrative permission. Allow it.
- Open command prompt and type: regsvr32 filename.dll
- Hit enter.
That’s all. You have successfully installed and registered the DLL file.